Prof. Oyelowo Oyewo
Prof. Oyelowo Oyewo is currently on leave of absence from the Firm for Public Service
Prof. Oyelowo Oyewo was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1982 after graduating from the Nigerian Law School, Lagos Nigeria. He was admitted to the State Bar of California, U.S.A in 1991 after he obtained a Master of Laws degree from the University of California.
His career has taken him through several public and private institutions including Federal Ministry of Justice; Hatcher, Coaxum, Hewitt, Grimes, & Manning, Los Angeles, U.S.A.; University of Lagos, Nigeria; and PAC Solicitors.
Oyelowo is a Professor of Public Law and a Legal consultant on constitutional, administrative, governance and development law. He was a Fulbright Scholar at the University of California, Los, U.S.A. He is a trainer in the area of Banking law, Secured Credit Transactions, International Business Transactions and Public Procurement Law. He has facilitated training programs with H. Pierson and Centre for Law and Development Studies, among others.
He served on the Board of Lafarge Cement Wapco Nigeria Plc; Glanville Enthoven (Insurance Brokers) Ltd and currently serves on the board of some companies and institutions. He has extensive experience in Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), Law reforms and Legislative proposals.
Prof. Oyewo leads the Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution team of the Firms’ practice
- University of Ife, (now Obafemi Awolowo University), Nigeria
- Nigerian Law School, Lagos, Nigeria
- University of Lagos, Nigeria
- University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A
- Institut International des droit de l’homme, Strasbourg, France
- Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association (NBA, 1982 till date)
- Member, State Bar of California, USA, 1991)
- Member, International Association of Constitutional Law (IACL)
- Member, International Society of Public Law (ICON.S)
- Member, Nigerian Association of Law Teachers (NALT)
- Member, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Practitioners’ Association of Nigeria (BRIPAN)
- FCIArb., Fellow Chartered Institute of Arbitration of Nigeria
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Governmental and Legislative Activities
- Environment Law
- Commercial Law